Hand held shower heads offer complete flexibility to help you create a great shower area in your home. They’re great for the young and old, but work well for people of all ages in between too. Washing and cleaning become a breeze with a detachable shower head, because they allow you to easily direct the water flow to any area you need to.
Keeping the whole family happy is easy too, as most hand held shower heads can function just like a fixed wall mounted shower head.
For those with young children, it is easier to wash them in the shower with a hand held shower head, moving the head around the young child rather than moving the child around in the shower. Also, for older persons with mobility issues, it is much easier and safer to wash (avoid slips in the shower). Rather than turning around in the shower, or lifting arms up high, the shower head can simply be brought around to the front, back and under the arms. This means less moving around within the shower, which lowers your chances of slipping and falling.
Advantages of hand held shower heads
- Wash where you need it. No more performing acrobatics to wash in those hard to reach places. Simply unhook the shower head and move the shower to you.
- Great with small children. Washing kids in the bath or shower is so much easier when you can gently direct the water spray onto your children. Washing and rinsing soap away effectively whilst keeping yourself dry (well, as much as possible).
- Best of both worlds, fixed and unfixed. With a sturdy wall mount fitting or a combo system, you can have the best of a fixed wall mounted shower head and a flexible unfixed hand held shower.
- Helps with low water pressure. If you have low water pressure from the mains pipes or tank, then being able to bring the shower head closer to your body will help you have a much better shower. Being able to move the water flow to the relevant area of your body to rinse, even with lower water pressure you can still have a great shower.
- Gentle on sensitive skin. As you can hold the shower closer the body, you can use a weaker stream with less water. This can help people with sensitive skin (think sunburn or younger/older people) as there is less of the ‘piercing hard needles’ sensation of strong water jets.
- Great for older people. As we get older, we lose flexibility and muscle strength. This makes it harder and more uncomfortable to shower with a fixed wall mounted shower head. Also, a fall in the shower is much more dangerous for an older person. Twisting and turning in the shower can be greatly reduced by using a hand held shower. This will reduce discomfort and reduce the chances of slips and falls.
- Great for washing pets. Save time and money by using your shower instead of a dog washer. Also, washing your dog at home might help with any anxiety they might have about being washed. Sometimes, the outside wash just is not possible due to weather or space – but the hand held shower gives you an inside option. Just give your shower a good clean once you’re done.
- Easy to clean your shower. Simply spray your shower walls and glass with your ordinary bathroom tile and glass cleaner then rinse off – one of the most dreaded chores becomes almost too easy with the unfixed head.
For more information: A Great Shower